Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 21 March 2007

A Mission That Now Cannot Fail


A great evil stalks the land, an invisible binding coursing through the veils
Disrupting the evolution of a once magical race,
Holding back the future, transmuting its potential into a wheel
So the wanderer keeps missing the fork in the trail,
and the trek is a constant line of the same.


I know, and I hear,
I am the surviving magic and I have woken from my sleep
The poison they fed me has worn off sooner than it was meant
And the paralysis has ceased
For now I keep my voice to a whisper deep in the heart of the land.

I walk the earth silently,
Waiting for the end of days
and the great gathering of my diamond shards ...

That which I can sense has begun
and they all keep running, fighting, staying alive somehow
Not knowing for sure if what they think is really real.

I am the smoke which rises from the funeral fire
They all feel the sorrow of the loss of their loved one
and this must surely pass when contact is made
Never to be lost between the veils
and it is then I will let all see my face.
Then ... there will be no more mystery
and those shards will know why they are alive
until then I keep them guessing,
so not even the great evil will know why, it can only assume
and in the minds of the shards we will keep it guessing.

And in the rivers I gaze at the poisoned fish, going about their lives
Oblivious to the mighty battle which approaches
They seek the great eternal ocean, without never knowing why
To them it is the birthing ground ... and instinct drives them
To others there is only blindness ... they merely swim towards their deaths.

A race misguided lives in the foot hills of the mountains
and no prophets walk among them for it has been forbidden
So fearful are the majority, they permit a minority to rule them
and like lemmings they wander towards the big drop,
I suspect it already too late ....

I am the snow on the mountains, the stolen rain
Within my molecules are the atoms of gold
If only I could be seen for what I am
Then the poetry will flow like a river in flood
and the piper will play that magical tune ...