Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 15 May 2007

666: The Number Of The Beast

'Woe to you o' earth and sea
The devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
Because it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty six'

Ok. It's me! I admit I'm the beast. From the onset of Sixth Form college when I kept turning three sixes in poker, all the way through my adult life .... that number has been there to say hello at every pitch and turn. Mobile phone numbers ... bank account numbers ... security numbers ... ID numbers ... page totals ... mileage ... anything and everything ... has had 666 somewhere in its digits ...

So finally .... I admit ... I'm the beast. So what's next? What revelation is to ensue ... what legion of demons are at my command?

The thing is though ... the Devil is an invention of the Church Of Rome ... as is all concepts of demons and 'the dark side'. So I will inherit nothing but a fantasy ... maybe I will end up with one of the legendary bar codes on my forehead which have been reputed to be the meaning of this revelation. Who knows?

I just live with 666 appearing in my life somewhere on a weekly basis. I sit back and watch the world's reaction to 'the devil' and all associated folklore bollocks which the Christian church has invented to force people to accept it ... most of the time I laugh at the incredulous notions which it entails while keeping my true identity to myself .... hee