Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 29 May 2007

A Favourite Message

One of my favourite messages I received was about Matts tooth!

Favourite because it showed my Mum as never seemingly wrong, in life or death! Matt was having trouble with a back tooth. He kept visiting the dentist, treatment after treatment, pounds after pounds paid out..but still nothing would 'cure' this problem! After spending around 500 gbp, he finally thought it was sorted, the dentist thought it was sorted. But not me, or my Mum!

One day Matt was at work and his whole cheek swelled yet again.

Now a few nights before my Mum (in spirit) had casually whispered in my ear "Third tooth from back... you know it'll have to come out"...She was so sure about this. The dentist however was not as impressed with me!! He was sure it was not the tooth that was the cause of the problem but an abscess, the tooth he was sure could be saved.

Ha ha, he didn't count on my mother!

So, when I asked Matt which tooth was the cause of his problems, he too got annoyed and said "It isn't my tooth at all"...

"Ok" said I, "But just out of interest, can you tell me whereabouts the abscess is then?"

"Oh, its my third tooth from back, why?"

"Nothing" said I, "But you do know it WILL have to come out don't you?"

It did. Weeks later!

Funny I could never tell a white lie to my Mum when I was a kid, wonder why?? Ha ha