Search A Light In The Darkness

Monday 7 May 2007

From the first steps to the present day

The beginning of this mystical trail was completely unexpected for this once naive soul. It came without warning. Completely immersed in the material world of acquiring success and adding it to a bank account I was unaware of what lay ahead. Even when Andromeda shone in the darkness there before me, and led me along the trail which would totally change my life forever. My intended path was no longer the same the moment I set foot in unfamiliar territory.

In front of a paying audience on the very first night, I was badly stung by caustic 'nettles'. Despised for what I had, but what did I have? I was never told, I was merely strung along and ridiculed for being who and what I am. Friends faded from view and loneliness became a constant companion. The urge to conquer the occult became the itch; the drive which kept me sane. I was the salamander ... I left then the known shores and took those few steps that led me into a vast meadow of consequences. I was unable then to step back into a 'normal' life. The stinging nettles continued to injure and torture me. I was held ba
ck and taunted constantly. Only because I represented something the envious wanted but could not have. I bore a mark of recognition which I was oblivious to.

Life readjusted and became mystical once more. Powerful friends were all around me. Magic grew and I felt its power grow within me. But I was still wandering the dark place blind. Still unaware of potential and consequence. Bending life seemingly on the
whim of my will I pulled to me what it was I 'wanted' but was it what I really needed?

I became 'professional' and commenced the 'demonstration' circuit which was what you were expected to do once your 'ability' shone and 'messages' became accurate. I endured the scene ... reluctantly. Seeking something more. Seeking that what I was really looking for. An identity. Meaning to life. All the sacrifices made to this point demanded something meaningful. The moments of clarity and enlightenment permitted me to see the w
ay as it really was. Not as the 'spiritual teachers' and the 'new age gurus' decreed. My own philosophy only compounded the problem. Only fuelling further the general opinion I was delusional. And the 'illness' I suffered from in those days? 'Daring to look outside of the square' and question the established belief systems and mind sets .... I dare to go where the 'angels' feared to tread.

Then I was sent off the rails. I was left badly scarred by deception and deceit. I was left having to pick up the psychological pieces and beginning the building of playing card tower once more. I was able, however, to review weaknesses in my psyche and I realised all the torments of life to this point had been well worthwhile. I was stronger than ever before, having survived the long dark night. I wandered out of the chrysalis into a new life.

Soon I discovered there was a light shining ahead of me. A companion for the final stage in the journey. A crucial point in it all. A decade later the light is still shining brightly but now it is combined with my own. Our unified incandescence is the light that shines in the darkness. We gather strength and understanding. We harness knowledge and forge the wisdom gained from the difficulties we encounter together. One day soon the task which lies ahead will be revealed to us ...