Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 30 May 2007

'Go for depth'

"Mastery does not come from dabbling. We have to be prepared to pay the price. We need to have the sustained enthusiasm that motivates us to give our best."
-- Eknath Easwaran

Our world now offers us a smorgasbord of opportunities. In the personal growth field alone, there are myriads of books and products, all promising relief from what ails us. It's easy to flip quickly from one program to another when something new captures our imagination.

If I long for change in my life, however, I need to do more than skim the surface. I need to make time and take time to both learn new approaches and then -- most importantly -- to apply what I've learned. If I jump around to new techniques too rapidly, I won't benefit from any of them.

"Genius is only the power of making continuous efforts."
-- Elbert Hubbard