Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 5 June 2007

The Watch

Years ago, in a previous life (in UK) I spent many, many years watching motor sports, one in particular. It took me to many corners of the Uk each weekend and several trips abroad to Holland, somewhere I miss deeply. One year, out of the blue, we (my ex and I) decided to travel with our fave driver and 12 others to New Zealand! That was back in 1996. After a very long flight via hong Kong, we arrived in NZ at Auckland airport. First thoughts "Oh my God, it is just like being back in Manchester"...

Until of course we left Auckland and travelled further down south to Rotorua. Now I fell in love with Rotorua, it has this magical feel to it, spiritual, alive...just something about it that makes you want to go back time and time again. Whilst there I bought a gold watch, nothing special, nothing flash or expensive, just a plain gold Seiko watch. I wore this watch all the time, only removing it when I showered or took a bath.

We returned to Uk and then my ex and I parted. I believed I would never get back to NZ at that time and never see Rotorua again, so my watch became even more special to me then. One day, a cold February weekend, my friend had been staying over and was about to catch her train back to Manchester. I was feeling quite ill with cold, flu etc..but managed to walk her to the train station and back. On my return home, I ran myself a nice hot bath, just wanted to get warm and then tuck myself up in bed for the night. As the bath was filling I heard a voice say to me "Watch"...and then again "Watch"...

I was in no mood for spirits and wondered what they wanted me to watch anyway!! I soaked in the bath then went straight to bed. Next morning, Matt and I dashed straight out into town...he suddenly asked me the time. I looked to my wrist...no watch!!! Immediately I put my hands to my ears (as I always took my watch off with my earings when bathing or showering)...my earings were in place but ..no watch??? I was baffled. Why would I put my earrings in that morning but not my watch! Dashing back home, I searched the en-suite bathroom...no sign. I looked on the window sill, no sign...looked downstairs..no sign! This was a huge puzzle for me!

Five days later and intense searching, no luck, no watch.

Feeling very upset about this, not only was it my favourite watch, it was from Rotorua, NZ! I was busily cleaning the house, it was very warm upstairs with central heating running full blast, I reached my bedroom. I polished the top of my set of drawers, it only had one picture and one lamp on it. I was still thinking about my watch and where it could have got to. I then went into the en-suite bathroom, still searching as I cleaned, still hoping. No luck. Then I came out of the bathroom, back into the bedroom and looked out of the window. I was still looking for my watch!!

I stood looking out of the window and then decided to 'ask' spirit for help...my mum! I said "Mum, you have always told me there was a spirit world, well if there is, prove it to me NOW and return my watch!" I heard her voice immediately come back to me but not replying directly to me say "Oh Lord, she thinks I am a miracle worker!!" I grinned to myself but then said "Yes I do, but return my watch because now I want proof"

I turned round to leave the bedroom.

What was facing me left me speechless! There on the set of drawers I had just minutes before polished...was my watch!

I nervously walked over to it, it was upside down.....I picked it up, I noticed it was ice cold even though my room was very warm....and yes, my gold Seiko watch was firmly back in my hands. I still wear it today.

It just goes to prove that missing things do turn up eventually, with a little help from spirit of course!