Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 6 July 2007

Sound Therapy

Some time ago, Matt posted about sound therapy.

This was introduced to him by a guy in Leyland, named Philip Sterling, of Astrosound.

Now this meeting with this guy came about through unusual circumstances...or was it spirit at work again?
Probably.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have this ability to seemingly 'know' who to communicate with/get chatting to, whereas Matt is the reserved one.

Last year, Matt decided to work in the Middle East, Qatar. He flew out in June and I followed with our youngest 2 in July. I stayed for 3 weeks, then had to leave until our Family residency for Qatar was sorted, so naturally I decided to visit family back in the Uk, first time since july 2002.

It was great to be back, amongst friends and family and 'real' people again.

I enjoyed staying with my sister and we had trips out every day.

We saw a Psychic Fayre advertised near to where she lives, so naturally we went.

I was drawn to one table which had CD's on it.....of Atlantis. Now I knew this was the sort of CD Matt would be interested in. He was still back in Qatar and was joining me in a few days time.
There was no-one at the table, just big board advertising Sound Therapy. Meant nothing to me.

As I was browsing the stall, a man came over..Philip....now I knew I had to discuss more with him...dont know why, his Sound Therapy was Dutch to me!

He went on to explain it.....I looked intelligent like I knew what he was talking about, but in truth, he had lost me. For some reason I knew Matt just had to meet Philip.

So, without knowing what the heck I was doing, I booked Matt an appointment with him.
Now Matt was only in Uk for 5 days, his first visit back since 2002 also.....what the heck was I doing???

That night, I e-mailed Matt in Qatar, told him about this Philip and that he had an appointment on Thursday. I thought 'here we go, 5 days in Uk and I am booking him in to see a total stranger about something I do not understand'...

But hey, Matt has had 10 years with me so knows me well by now.

His e-mail reply came back shortly after. He explained, unknown to me, he was working on Sound Therapy....a computer aided programme he had found in order to help with his sciatica!
Wow, that was me off the hook!

Matt flew in to Manchester, I collected him and we did the most important thing first.....no not that...we went straight to the local Indian for a decent Uk style curry!

Next day, we drove to his mothers house, his first time seeing her in 5 years....then told her he was off to see a local guy for a Sound Therapy appointment!

Oh dear.....that did NOT go down well.......... no surprise there.


But, after meeting Philip and going through his Sound Therapy, Philip then made up a CD of sound frequencies Matt should use in times of pain.

So......sciatica healed.....Philip a good mate now......keep in regular contact....

Matt was well impressed with it....and me......I just keep my antenna ticking.