Search A Light In The Darkness

Sunday 5 August 2007

A Big Yawn

I'm really tired this morning. But, it is well worth the weariness and the bags under my eyes. I watched the truly enjoyable encounter between Man Utd and Chelsea ... The Community Shield 2007 at the New Wembley Stadium. It was a thrilling game. The result was as I'd expected 1 v 1 at half time and also at full time. But, there was no extra time. It went straight to penalties. Van Der Saar was in fantastic form in the United goal and saved all penalties kicks attempted by Chelsea. The boys in red slotted home all three of theirs ... with Rooney scoring the winning one.

I went to bed around 4.00am happy but confused. Very confused. Bemused too. My prediction made earlier in the day ... though half hearted and not one which reflects anything on the Madeleine insights ... was both wrong and very right. I'd suggested there would be three goals ... there was but not in the way I'd said .... I'd written the words 2 v 1 ... but in truth it was 3 v 0 in penalties kicks!

OK. I said it was Chelsea scoring first then to be the eventual winners ... and I would be left feeling 'blue' ... it was Man Utd who scored first and went on to win... and believe me I am feeling blue!!! For being the doubting Thomas .... and not having faith in Man Utd overturning their great rivals at last.

As an after thought I 'turned the cards' to add a second element to the prediction ... and perceived it would be 1 v 1 at half time and then 1 v 1 after normal time .... Man Utd scored first and I just 'knew' it Chelsea would equalise ... thus it was 1 v 1 at half time. As the game progressed it was obvious it would remain 1 v 1 . Then I received the shock ... that there would be no extra time. Damn, there goes the 2 v 1 prediction ...

Then as the penalty drama unfolded. There was no 'blunder' only 'wonder' at the brilliance of Edwin Van Der Saar ... saving all three Chelsea kicks. It was just the high note I needed on a day where tonics proved to be in short supply. The diversion which was the perfect antedote for the horrors I observed unfolding elsewhere .... 'the smell of death' ... 'the digging for the body in the garden' ....

As the day then the evening unfolded the big yawn grew more and more amid that deliberate confusion devised by 'the crafty fox' ... The Pied Piper and his ever unfolding mesmeric dance. That rapture which really went up a notch or two in its intensity this weekend. For the crafty fox it must have been a revelation to witness the public reaction all over the world wide web. Here was the complete contrast between life and death. Two stories appertaining to Madeleine McCann .... in one a sighting confirming she is 100% alive and in the other the belief she is dead (The malicious and misleading SOL report) and Murat's garden is being searched for the body.

Which one is to be believed? Confusion. Deliberate and cleverly executed. Two stories which my 'second sight' had no interest in at all. For in truth my instinctive reaction was to perceive it all as a big yawn. I could not 'buy' either story. Both provided me with the inner vision of wild geese breaking from the trees ... right on cue .... more smoke to cover the trail at a real critical point to hide what was happening elsewhere.

Then there was 'that' Daily Mail picture I added the night before. In the background the clear impression of a small child ... perhaps a little girl? It was suspicious ... it was too coincidental for words. Kate & Gerry M in Spain at the same time as the Belgian 'sighting' ... out of that confusion amid the audible sound of a growing yawn I began to make sense of it all ...

So. I'm really tired as I said before. I've read the latest headlines concerning 'the search' and the interview with the witness at the Belgian cafe ... and I stave off another yawn. Maybe this one is because I am genuinely tired through lack of sleep ... or is it perhaps through something else; disbelief ... and growing boredom with the current wild goose that hovers above the trail?

All I know is at this moment in time I wish for an early night to catch up with some sleep. The circumstances of the last two days are truly significant and require further thought. Between yawns I will permit insights to surface. Perhaps through 'daydreams' today I will understand more what has just taken place.