Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 4 August 2007

In memory of Arthur 1959-1979

Growing up in a terraced house in a small pit village in Lancashire. Our street was a happy and friendly one, but the girls outnumbered the boys. One was Arthur. He lived at the end terraced about 10 houses away from me. We were the same age, attended the same primary school, he always walked to school with us girls.

Arthur was an only child, so his mum and dad spoilt him a little, but he never acted any differently. He was a caring boy, friendly to everyone and very polite.

Each year on his birthday, his mum always organised a birthday party, where of course all us girls attended, plus a few boys from school of course.

I will never forget his last birthday party he had, aged 11. His mum had decided that was to be his last party until he was 21. As usual we had a good time, with games and prizes galore.....Arthur's mum knew just how to entertain.

As we were all leaving, his mum asked us to give Arthur a 'birthday kiss'....Yuk, we thought...kiss a boy...kiss Arthur??? He was more like a brother to us all, we didn't want to kiss a boy at our age.
We stood around looking sheepishly at each other..who would go first? Not me, I opted to be last! Then it was my turn..I closed my eyes...darted towards his lips ... he was in such a rush too that his teeth went right into my lip!!
Right Arthur, I thought, that's the last time I will kiss you mate!

We grew up, attended the High School, went horse riding together...he was like the brother I never had and I cared deeply for him.

Shortly before his 21st birthday, he called me to go see him. He wanted to ask my opinion on where he should have his 21st and was asking for suggestions. He was off work with a broken leg after falling from his motorbike. He was feeling quite low because his mum wanted him to get rid of his bike but he couldn't afford to run a car. He was engaged to Lynda, a girl he met at High School, so he was trying to save for a deposit for a house.

I was also uneasy about him having a motorbike and told him so, but understood his need for transport and his situation. We managed to get a plan together for his 21st, chose a venue and the food etc.....Sadly, it wasn't meant to be, he was killed 2 months before his 21st birthday.

I was devastated. I could not believe I would not see Arthur again walking up the street, raising his cap to me, which he wore to cover his balding head.

Life of course went on. His father died a month later leaving his Mum alone. I think the shock of losing Arthur killed him.

I had always gone to mediums, and I always wished, hoped and prayed that Arthur would come through...but nothing. Not even my Mum got anything from him..or if she did, she hid it from me so I would 'move forward' and stop grieving.

Years went by, any time a medium was on in town I went. I had many messages from loved ones in spirit, but never from Arthur? This puzzled me and I could not believe he would not come through! Why??

Then I met Matt, I told him about Arthur and how he died and how he had been my best friend through early childhood into adulthood. Two things I never told him was the kiss and that Arthur wore a cap.

One night, Matt & I sat on the settee at home, we had some wine....when all of a sudden, out of the blue, Matt turned to me, plonked a kiss on my lips...his teeth almost went through my lips and then said "That's from Arthur...and he is taking his cap off to you"
I was stunned. Tears just poured down my face...that kiss....it was one I will never forget.
Arthur had finally made his presence. It had only taken him about 18 years!!

He had been to me in dreams before, but only twice.
One was a horrible dream where I was escaping my ex husband who was trying to kill me! In my dream I was shown a death certificate with the date 21st July on it...it was mine!
Quite shaken by this dream, as I knew it was something more.
The following week was July 21st......I was scared out of my wits.
A few days later, my ex did in fact try to attack me and threaten to kill me....I escaped from the house and went to the police station.
I feared going back to live in the house, so I grabbed the kids from school, went to see a lawyer and stayed in a hotel nearby. I was given a court protection order but I refused to go back home....no court order was going to protect me from a mad man!

On the evening of 20th July, I was told by the courts that I must return back to the family home with the children, it wasn't good for them to be in a hotel and that my court order would protect me! Yes right I thought. Sure it will!
I refused. I stayed in the hotel and Matt stayed with me.

That night I woke up in a terrible sweat, I was shaking like a leaf. Matt woke up and asked me what was wrong....I had not even thought about what the date was.
I told him that I had dreamt about Arthur and he was coming for me...but I waited and waited and he never turned up...I was in such a state because Arthur had let me down.
I could not stop repeating to Matt...'Arthur would never let me down, he said he was coming for me and he hasn't..I am so annoyed, hurt, upset"....
I was still shaking.


Matt calmed me down, then he remembered my dream the week before.
He said "Where is Arthur"...
I replied "In spirit"
"Exactly" said Matt..."Now you should be glad he hasn't come for you"..."What date is it today?"...
It was
3am on the morning of the 21st July!!!!

I believe Arthur saved me that night.

In another dream, he was stood in a bay window. I didn't like the feel of where he was but didn't recognise it. I tried to get away but he followed me holding up four fingers then saying "Remember, four is all you have left"...
Next morning I was a bit shaken by this dream. But for some reason I just knew he was saying it was someone's time to go over. But who?
I checked the calendar, I knew 4 meant days, weeks or months.
It was a Friday night I had the dream. I had been to see my Mum and Dad that day as it was Mother’s Day on the Sunday, I was going to be down south, so took her card and present round during the day on Friday.
My Mum looked Ok, no worries, but she kept trying to show me something and tell me something without my Dad hearing! I was trying to ignore her because I knew it wasn't good news.
As I drove away, they came to the door to see me off, both of them waving....I turned round to wave when someone (spirit) said to me "That’s the last time you will see your Mum"...
I don't know how I didn't crash the car!
That night was when Arthur appeared in my dream telling me I had 4 left??

Four days later my Mum was admitted to hospital. She waited until my sister and I arrived, then passed away. She knew it was her time, that was what she was trying on the Friday to tell me...but I didn't want to hear.

No doubt she and Arthur are having a good old chat and am sure both are looking after us
.