Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 23 November 2007

Interlude

St Julians, Malta
Photograph By Matthew James

I really can't believe that we are now at the end of November 2007. This year has sailed by. For me it is similar in some ways to this time last year. In November 2006 I was anticipating a trip 'overseas' in the New Year having secured a work contract in Malta. This year is the same ... with a new work contract recently secured 'overseas' in the New Year. Though the distance is not quite the same as Malta, which was at the end of a gruelling 30+ hours of flying via Brisbane then Singapore then Dubai then Larnaka airport in Cyprus before landing at Valetta ... it is still has the same feel to it as this time last year.

I have my fingers crossed that the work contract next year is a 'long haul' undertaking unlike the 'over before it started' scenario which was Malta. It is strange really ... a truly long haul flight for only two weeks based in Malta. This time round it is a relatively short flight ... so I'm anticipating the contract to sustain itself for the foreseeable future ....

Being clairvoyant I should be able to answer that eh? Mind you, at times its a little like 'what's the point of sitting an exam if you cribbed the answer sheet the night before?' There are many instances in my own life when I have chosen to turn a blind eye as I don't want to know beforehand. If I was to look I would know ... this is one instance I feel the need to 'take a peek' through the veils .... I just wonder now 'if I actually get there at all'? Something like the unforeseen is on its way ... ????