Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 6 November 2007

Witness who saw 'Madeleine' in Morocco receives Mafia death threats

A woman who claims to have seen Madeleine McCann being bundled into a taxi in Morocco, says she has received anonymous Mafia death threats. Naoual Malhi, 24, says men claiming to work for the country's crime barons have warned her to keep her mouth shut about what she saw - and ditch plans to probe the sighting herself.

The mum-of-one, whose daughter Ines is Madeleine's age, has told how one growled: "Let this lie if you know what's good for you, your daughter and the rest of your family, otherwise you're a dead woman next time you're in Morocco."But brave Naoual is pressing ahead with plans to defy the threats and return to her homeland to look for the girl she saw.

She is also getting the calls - which come from withheld numbers - taped so she can hand them over to police helping in the hunt for the missing four-year-old.

Naoual, who lives near Marbella, Spain, said: "I'm not frightened by the mafia. It's obvious I'm on to something otherwise they wouldn't be calling. They've warned me I'm going to be killed next time I step on Moroccan soil unless I shut my mouth about Madeleine.But I know the girl I saw getting into that taxi was her and I'm not going to stop until I find her." (Daily Mail)