Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 9 January 2008

"Driven By You"

Performed by Brian May (of Queen)



I'd not heard this song 'for years' . I heard it again about ten minutes ago .... a playlist on my laptop included the track. I can just remembered the Ford advert from the UK which used this song .... 'brainwashing' or what? The advert must have been from about 15 years ago ... still imprinted in my grey matter along with other ditty's and catch phrases from the TV adverts over the years. Subliminal advertising doesn't work? You bet it does. We are one year behind with Coronation St over here. It's amazing the number of 'coincidental references' there has been, in the last few weeks, to abductions, Portugal etc ... all innocently appearing in the script. Totally coincidental? Or was it a careful and deliberate subliminal preparation by someone somewhere who knew that five months later a young English girl was going to be abducted from Portugal. Brits would have been totally oblivious to the script lines at the time .... but with me & Kris over here ... watching the episodes 'after the event' ... we have been noticing little things for about 5 or 6 weeks now. Something? Or just mere coincidence? I wonder ....