Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 20 February 2009

A Dream Sequence ...

Magickal Journal
20th February 2009

We were standing by a river bank, with the river on our right, when I observed a speed boat travelling towards us and past us at high speed; a noticeable deep swell was created by the boat as it passed. Our point of observation was from on a grassy bank overlooking the river. There was a sense of a cliff between us and the actual river. As the boat was passing, I noticed a whale below the surface of the river, travelling in the opposite direction to the boat (away from us). It was of sufficient distance between us and the boat, not to be affected by the wake of the boat. Therefore the boat and the whale were gleaned to be two seperate incidents or point of attention ... two seperate modes of symbolism within the same imagery.

Ahead of me I spied a single hill which had a well worn steep path leading up to its summit. Without hesitation I began the steep climb to the top of the hill. I began the climb with ease, and was in now way under any difficulty making the climb. Half way up the path, a metal hand rail appeared on my right hand side. It comprised an iron base with iron vertical stub palings built out of the base. When I gripped the handrail, I was neither tired or grateful for the assistance. There was no sensation as a result of using the handrail. I merely used the handrail for assistance because it appeared at the time.

Upon reaching the summit of the hill, I noticed there was some kind of circular building at the top - an observatory of some kind. It wasn't straightforward to climb into the building. A metal base had to be negotiated in order to get inside. Once inside I became aware the building was almost victorian in its layout and vibe. I wandered to the right hand side past some kind of machinery and looked out of the observation window. The view was a disappointment in truth.

The other section of the circular room had a number of children undertaking a music lesson. The observation part of the room moved in a clockwise direction due to some unseen machinery. I was concerned at this point that the moving part of the room would interrupt the children's music lesson. The children, I note, were dressed in perhaps befitting the Victorian period. There was one boy and perhaps two or three girls.

I made my way passed the children into another part of the building ... into a room which had posters on the walls and little else. Disappointed I then made my way back, past the children, through the moving section of the room ... and back out of the building ...