Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Gripe Of The Day: "Defining Obsessional Behaviour"


As a hard working & honest individual who is 'cursed' with practising within the 'predictions & psychic' industry, I find news reports such as this one published in today's Daily Mail: How could a well-educated TV executive let her addiction to psychics cost her £25,000 and ruin her marriage?, highly objectionable. It paints a damning picture on our industry. It deliberately misleads and points the accusory finger at people like myself.

I've been a 'professional' mystic now nearly 25 years and have never extorted money from anyone. I've always been completely honest with the responsibility of my undertaking as a 'psychic'. I have never encouraged anyone to change their life on the strength of what I've 'seen in the cards'. I always merely advise it is a 'possibility' ... nothing more/nothing less. It is up to the individual, however, to interpret the information I have presented to them. Over the 25 years I've received glowing feedback on the uncanny accuracy of my insights ... time and time again people have returned for readings based on the fact that their previous reading with me has been completely accurate.

However, from time to time I have come across folk who possess the 'obsession' for psychic readings. It is a fact of life and unavoidable. It is something you have to deal with by discouraging those tendencies in that person. It is a weakness in some folk, but certainly not in every single person who comes for a 'reading'.

But, and this is the point I clearly need to make here, it is no different from the alcoholic who is addicted to alcoholic beverages! It is the same obsession. The same has to be said about the individuals who spend thousands of pounds on plastic surgery. That is the same obsession too. As is the gambler. As is the person who fills their wardrobe up with hundreds and hundreds of pairs of shoes!!! The same obsessional behaviour exists in every walk of life. The individual who is hooked on dietary aids; on gambling on the horses... the list goes on and on. So to single out ONE story of someone obsessed with psychic readings, and present it in a daily newspaper to defamate all psychics is an example of the gutter press attitude that exists in the current media industry. It is a slur on all the hard working and honest psychics out there, all over the world, who peddle their arts and provide their clients with satisfying insights into their lives - past, present & future.

There are genuine psychics and mystics out there. More than what the media industry would have you believe. The future CAN be accurately plotted.