Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 27 June 2013

Question Me: "How Did It All Begin?" Part 2

I was asked recently 'how did all the psychic stuff begin for you? What were the signs and what kind of life did it create for you?'

In this second of a three part article, I will explain how I began to develop my psychic ability .
...

In truth I have always been interested in ESP, UFO's and paranormal matters. It's always been an integral part of my life. A natural essence and vein of interest since an early age. But it wasn't until I left sixth form college that life began to mould itself into a vehicle for my ability to begin to nurture itself. 


In my late teens I had a close friend who had family connections to true blood gypsies. It was my friend's Mother Linda who first encouraged me to start developing my psychic abilities. My friend sadly left the UK to go to live with her Father in the States, but I kept in contact with her Mother. I first discovered my innate ability as a Medium, when I was asked to investigate the presences in one of her rental properties. The experience was extremely intense with a number of unexplained occurrences happening in the house as a result of my connection with the presences. 

I was nearly 20 at the time, and I recall this as the first time I had used my abilities to purposely communicate as a Medium. I'd also astounded myself by clearing seeing images and faces in a crystal ball I'd been asked by Linda to experiment with ... in order to prove to me I did indeed have Clairvoyant abilities! My playing card party piece developed whilst at Sixth Form only added to further evidence I was indeed ready for some kind of psychic development. 

I was introduced to the owners of The Psychic Centre in Blackpool, which was run by a local Medium called Paula Paradaema. Paula had a shop at the time, from where she undertook her private readings. I'd met Paula earlier in the week after being urged by Linda to make my way to Paula's shop to meet her. I'd then decided to attend a public demonstration night at her Psychic Centre later in the week. 

I remember clearly the first night I joined the centre. I sat at the back of the club near to Paula's husband Vinny who was on the door taking the monies from people who were arriving for the evenings entertainment. I was rather uncomfortable and out of my depth. There was a young lady called Yvette on stage and she was undertaking a demonstration of Psychometry in front of around 100 people in the audience. I'd only just sat down after buying a drink from the club bar, when I became aware Paula was trying to get my attention! She was standing on the stage beside Yvette and was urging me to go and join her on the stage! I was felt very self conscious and not sure of what she wanted me to do ... so I made my onto the stage ...


In front of the audience, Paula explained that she wanted me to handle some of the jewellery that was on a tray in front of me and describe was I was feeling or seeing. Now bear in mind I'd never even heard of psychometry before at this time (I'd been in front of a live audience ... years earlier I'd joined a Drama School and had ended up in front of over 300 people in the Blackpool Opera House but that is another story ... ). 

Anyway, I remember picking up the first item of jewellery and just opening my mouth to describe what I was feeling and seeing. Without a word, Paula then placed the item back down in the tray and asked me to try some more jewellery. She asked me to try a total of three items of jewellery. When I'd finished she then asked for the owners of the jewellery who were in the audience to validate what I had been saying. You can imagine my shock and horror when all THREE jewellery owners could validate totally what I had been saying!!! The audience roared with appreciation and I made my way to the back of the room in bewilderment. 

It came as no surprise that I joined the Development Classes and Paula became my True Teacher and Mentor at that time ...! (Matthew James 7th August 2012)