Search A Light In The Darkness

Sunday 12 October 2014

Magickal Journal: Q Station NSW

Magickal Journal 
12th October 2014

Our day time trip to the Quarantine Station at Manly, NSW this weekend was 'eventful'. I didn't expect it to be anything less. 

The Q Station represented the first arrival point for so many Brits throughout the 1800's and 1900's. It was the final resting place for so many poor souls. Victims of cholera, smallpox, pneumonia, typhoid etc. The hospital buildings are energy charged with the memories of their suffering and despair. The doctors and nurses accommodation filled with residual memories of fear, stress and illness too. 

We met up with team members of the Eastern State Paranormal (ESP) investigators. Not intentionally, but it was how fate had it that day. We ventured through the doctors and nurses accommodation block, thanks to ESP. I was overwhelmed by the fear and the stress that enveloped these areas. We walked into the hospital ward (Pictured above) and I was immediately hit by the overwhelming sense of presence in the ward. The incessant cry of women, men and children still going on in the area on another dimension. I had the physical sensation of a needle being pressed into my left arm. Inoculation against serious disease! I heard a young child cry for his Mother - a mother lost to cholera or worse. The child with a leg amputated appeared on a bed beside me. A grief stricken old man appeared on a bed to my right. 

Later, we wandered to the Wharf and I had a strong realisation! We'd come again to Australia! We'd taken the three month voyage in a previous life and had arrived at Q Station but made it no further. At the Wharf I began to develop severe breathing issues, and had lung constrictions. I knew it was serious pneumonia and much worse. This became a serious memory lane experience. Here we were back at Q Station, realising illness prevented our future in the new land sometime last century.

With this memory firm in my head, I wandered to the shower block, endured the smell of the carbolic acid. Remembered how it felt on my skin ... and found an all too familiar shower - #34. I could recall it through previous eyes. Like I had recalled the harbour when we'd first landed and the sight of the Q Station buildings. 

Leaving Q Station - I made sense of that life and the implications in this life. Why we'd had the suffering we had this time round. 

Matthew James