Further Reading

▼

Friday, 2 October 2026

Mike Johnson Gaslights Whistleblowers, Claims AI Doomsday Warnings Are a ‘Chinese Psyop’

 House Speaker Mike Johnson told Fox Business on Monday that warnings about data centers and artificial intelligence wiping out humanity are Chinese propaganda meant to pull the United States out of the AI race.

Anchor Cheryl Casone asked whether opposition to data centers was coming from Beijing. “I mean, do you think that this, with regards to China — I mean, I’ve had several tech executives and lawmakers, to be clear, say that the information against data centers, that pushback against data centers — that is coming from China. They believe that,” she said. Democrats, she added, were seizing on the issue for the midterms.

Johnson answered that the pattern was familiar. “This is what Democrats do every election cycle,” he said. “They find something to, you know, glom onto and say that this is doom and gloom and everyone will die if we don’t win. Don’t buy it. It is a Chinese psyop. I really believe that. It’s not a conspiracy theory. I think they’re pushing those ideas.”...<<<Read More>>>...