Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 28 January 2023

The Driver Personality Type

 People who fall into the Driver personality type tend to be very controlling and possibly demanding. They know what they want and they aren’t afraid to let you know. They normally have little to no emotion and make decisions quickly and assertively.

To quickly sum up the characteristics of a driver: 

Demands control or will take it when available. 

Looks for opportunity to be ‘in charge’.

Will get things done, likes goals and achieving them.  

Straight to the point, looks for the bottom line. 

Dislikes complexity or ambiguity.
Little patience for the small details that aren’t clearly in line with goal seeking.

Doesn’t like situations where they have no say in what’s happening.

Appears to be arrogant and standoffish.

 Can seem overly aggressive, especially in the heat of a project. Will see people as ‘obstacles’ or ‘allies’.

Can appear as Alpha male/female type

Drivers may appear intimidating, however, you must remember to put your emotions aside and not take things personally. Since I would say that I’m an extreme expressive, I find myself to be a very emotional person. By emotional, I mean that I pretty much wear my mood on my shoulders. When I use to work for Mike Ferry, the best trainer and coach from the Real Estate industry, my team leader was a very arrogant driver. He always wanted things done his way or the highway. Our communication was so one sided that I would constantly get mad by just talking to him. However, later, as I began to understand the way people work and make decisions, I realized that it wasn’t his fault for being such a prick, it was mine. Since I wasn’t communicating the way he wants to be communicated to, our personalities clashed. Remember, it’s not about you, it’s about the person in front of you....<<<Read More>>>...