Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 26 September 2008

Dragonfly

Magickal Journal for Friday 26th September 2008

For me the Dragonfly has major magickal significance, especially in the days of regular sojourns to mystical Avalon (Glastonbury). Back then I would almost always have a dragonfly land on my shoulder or my arm when I spent a meditative hour or two in the Chalice Well Gardens.

I've not forgotten the wonder and spiritual significance since. I thought those spiritual connections were long since gone.

However, today ... whilst busily walking the city street during lunch break (I needed some fresh air after a long and arduous morning of tendering and financial contemplation) ... an adult Dragonfly was hovering the air before me. Seemingly waiting for me to notice it!

Interestingly, I link the Dragonfly with the realm of Yesod and the archangel of that Sepiroth - Gabriel. In recent nights I'd been re-connecting with the realm of Foundation. So it was not surprising then that Gabriel sent one of his little minions to 'keep a watchful eye on me' ..... in the space of two days now TWO of my protectors have sent a physical creature to acknowledge their presence ... and notification of my tenure once more back on the Tree!