Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 20 April 2012

'Learning The truth'

It seems the group of elders we banished moved to Atlan town and have set up an order of their own. Their teachings are in direct contrast to ours. They welcome animal experimentation; lower themselves to eating the meat of our kin and practice rituals that only further our separation. They teach that the way of the one is a falsehood; that there is no source; that our way is wrong. They have already acquired quite a following. Our being here puts our lives at risk. If you had announced our arrival in the way you had intended then The Sons Of Belial would know of our intention and have us murdered.

There is devilment and darkness afoot in Atlan. And there is more. Already, as we speak, below our feet, the Sons Of Belial are mining in search of the lost technology of our former civilisation. Should they be successful in finding the laboratories, they will be able to fire up the turbines deep within the volcano peaks. Such a discovery will lead to more destruction.

The technology they seek we abhor. The technology they seek is an abomination. As you know we are a simple race. We do not need the technology of the first civilisation.”

I was shocked. I knew of the first fall of Atlan. That it was caused by a major volcanic eruption brought on by the careless and irresponsible use of our own technology. I had thought it, at times a myth. I knew our islands to be an archipelago; the remains of a much larger single island. The story of The Sons Of Belial was new to me.

I glanced over to my friend and saw he had more to say.

“The Sons Of Belial’, he started, “are reincarnates of the group of beings who wrought terror on Atlan the last time around. They grow in number as they con and mesmerise our peoples with their teachings. They possess a strong energy, that of hate and of revulsion. They hate the one love and have permitted their manifest bodies to gain control of their souls, again. They forget the reason for incarnation. They busily teach others to forget love and oneness. Our role as elders is to teach the peoples of Atlan the meaning of love. Ours is not a simple role. I ask you, my child are you ready to help those in need of your truths?”

I could only nod. I knew I had no other choice.

Extract taken from THE CHRONICLES OF EZRA written by Matthew James 1997