Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 27 August 2009

'Two Ravens' Symbolism

I spied two Ravens foraging by the side of the road today. Aware that mystical symbolism is all around us if we care to look … I remembered the tales of Nordic Odin and his two ‘pet’ Ravens - Huginn and Muninn – who were said to travel the world observing events to then report back to Odin to inform him of what they had seen that day of their travels. Huginn is thought. Muninn is memory. Sent out at dawn they return back to their master in the evening.

Symbolically, this sighting means? The archetypal god form within has perhaps given me this insight at that moment … given me the symbol which precedes an answer or insight in response to a specific ‘task’ my subconscious was set in the early hours of the morning? Perhaps my sub-conscious is recovering snippets of insights from the astral plane where many servitors undertake their tasks … ever seeking wisdom.

But then again. It may just have been two ravens feeding off whatever it was by the roadside. Nothing more. Nothing less. However, instinct provided me with the symbolism in the instance. The seeker is awakened. The seeker is on the look out for an answer. The seeker knows the question and knows the response to the answer. I wish that I did! I am in the hot seat as the mortal walker after all! It is me who will get the flak after whatever ‘task’ the higher self as unleashed on my subconscious!