Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 19 February 2011

Thoughts on Living In the Moment

Practically every teacher of spirituality teaches of the importance of being in the moment. Why does it make a difference? Why should I care, if I am in the moment or thinking of the past or the future? I have found that when I go back in time, the excursion depends on my mood, i.e., if I feel good, I will recall a happy occasion, but if I am sad or frustrated, I tend to dwell on negative events, the ones that make me feel sorry for myself; predictably my mood will color my projections into the future, with some trepidation. Since I am aware of what I am doing, and how my focus will literally create my reality, from brain chemicals affecting my physical body, to thoughts having vibration, I snap out of it quickly. Using our minds carelessly to go back to the past or future traps us into non- resourceful states and suppresses the full glory of the moment. The world loses its color and depth when our minds are spinning....read more...