Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 22 June 2019

My Time Of Dying? Yet I Returned ...

There are a small number of us who get a glimpse of beyond this human existence. However, brief or long this experience might be, it ensures that life is no longer the same.

A consistent number of reports describe the traditional 'white tunnel' beyond which familiar voices or familiar faces are awaiting arrival of the spirit.

And, although science has dismissed this phenomenon as being nothing more than a brain reflex or a brain phenomenon, for those who've witnessed the vision first hand, their lives are no longer the same.

Having experienced a glimpse of life beyond personally, when I was seriously ill back in 2013, I have to say my experience was not the traditional 'white tunnel' vision. Mine was something inexplicably different. Something intense, and some alarming in some ways.

I had been in unbelievable pain, moments away from a fatal septic attack, with sepsis affecting every organ in the body including my heart. I was lying on the floor of a medical centre, screaming the place down and writhing in pain. My eyes were open and I remember focusing on a sudden pin prick of light that had suddenly appeared on the ceiling roughly above my head. This pin prick of light quickly expanded until it became like a strobe light, a strobe light which had suddenly enveloped me in it. The minute the light source touched me, my unbearable pain ceased. I don't remember closing my eyes, but I must have done at one point, because I was no longer in the room.

All awareness of my pain; my body; the room; this earth plane; my experiences ... were gone. I was in an entirely different place all together, just like at that precise moment I'd entered a dream scene. I was aware of travelling to somewhere completely unaware of how I'd got there or how long I'd been there. I was in a totally different reality, with a completely different awareness.

It was only because I heard someone shouting my earth bound name in this reality, that I suddenly returned. Upon returning, my unbearable pain returned. However, to this day, my connection with that other reality has never left me. I find myself shifting into that awareness from time to time. I also find extra strength from somewhere to deal with this sorry existence.