Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Thoughts To Get You Thinking #120

“All the people like us are we, and everyone else is they.”  ― Rudyard Kipling 

“... the more I learned, the more conscious did I become of the fact that I was ridiculous. So that for me my years of hard work at the university seem in the end to have existed for the sole purpose of demonstrating and proving to me, the more deeply engrossed I became in my studies, that I was an utterly absurd person.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“We are told that religion says: 'God gave us brains' - and then they also quickly add: '-but God doesn't want us to use them'. Ridiculous.” ― Christina Engela 

“Fear seemed to hover in the air like a blizzard of black snow.”  ― James Dashner 

“Life: Absolutely serious but simultaneously absolutely ridiculous.” ― M Chapman  

"The mud on my shoes is nothing in comparison with the snow on the rooftops, or the wind in someone's stomach" - John Bumpkin