Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 6 October 2007

'Weak' Brown Rules Out Early Election

Sky News Headline; says: 'The Prime Minister has confirmed he will not call a General Election this year or next - and been accused by his opponents of showing weakness and indecision. Gordon Brown's announcement - in a recorded interview with a single journalist - came ahead of the publication of an opinion poll of 83 crucial marginal seats giving the Conservatives a 6% lead over Labour.

The PM told the BBC: "I have a vision for change and I want to show people in government how we're implementing it. What I want to do is show people the vision we have for the future of this country. I want the chance in the next phase of my premiership, to develop and show people the policies that will make a huge difference and show a change in the country itself."

Sky News political editor Adam Boulton said recent polls made grim reading for the Prime Minister.