Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 19 March 2014

A Mere Shadow Of Its Former Self

A Light In The Darkness is still a mere shadow of its former self, as far as the number of posts being added is concerned. Since October 2013 the frequency of posts have been considerably less than in previous years. 

Those who know me personally, and who follow me on Facebook, will know the main reason why. This blog is very much following the trend of myself, as I am a mere shadow of my former self at this time. I'm 35 kg lighter than early October 2013 ... and I'm still recovering from serious Acute Necrotising Pancreatitis brought on by a gallstone becoming trapped in the common bile duct. 

Its been a long haul for me. I spent 11 weeks in hospital from 25th October 2013 to 10th January 2014 and I've been home nearly 10 weeks now. I'm still on the road to recovery, with a number of accumulated complications still hindering my progress. 

So you're sure to understand WHY the number of posts have reduced in this period. I've not had the energy or the concentration to blog really until now. I'm trying to rectify the situation, slowly. I'm still here and A Light In The Darkness WILL continue ... it will still be a place to visit to learn more about all the many facets of the word OCCULT ... Wikipedia defines 'occult' as "The occult (from the Latin word occultus "clandestine, hidden, secret") is "knowledge of the hidden". In common English usage, occult refers to "knowledge of the paranormal", as opposed to "knowledge of the measurable", usually referred to as science. The term is sometimes taken to mean knowledge that "is meant only for certain people" or that "must be kept hidden" ...

Hence A Light In The Darkness is a library that contains many articles that is 'only meant for certain people' ... that which traditionally in ages past 'must be kept hidden' ... though in this evolving age of enlightenment much of what was once occultic material, is now very much available for all to see. Hence the original  intention to collect all this occultic material together in one place. That intention is still very much in place here. 

I'm currently striving to find NEW information. New sources of material. A Light In The Darkness needs to evolve and evolve it will - Matthew James