Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 30 September 2010

Like A Beacon

I wander the forest trail alone despite the warnings from those desperate people
The god fearing closed minds who rarely see beyond their own toes
who are adamant only theirs is the path that leads to enlightenment
Such tiny beings have expressed their views on me
and I only swat them like I would a fly.......


As I walk I see their puny talismans and hear their forbiddings in the air
tiny and oh so insignificant; no god will be troubled by those scant whispers
I walk with the wind around me; I walk with my energies fluttering around me
The god fearing term my manner that of the madly insane
I wander with my highest immortal leading me by the hand
Shining my light like a beacon so the others will see me
and I am no longer alone ...


Extract taken from 'TWO SHIPS COMING' written by Matthew James July 2002