Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 16 May 2014

Feet In Both Worlds

"Looking back now at my early years, there was no way that I would have considered myself psychic in anyway. In truth I would not have known what the word meant. However in saying that I probably would have been able to spell the word! I shocked everyone once with a sponsored school spelling. Neighbours and friends had been pledging 50p and £1 per word thinking I wouldn’t spell many. There had also been the odd £2 and £5 per word. I managed to spell over 130 of the 150 words that were on the sheets of paper during the competition and some of them were ‘big’ words as well! I ended up being the higher sponsor of the school for that competition!!

If I’d been specifically asked by someone during those years, if I was psychic, my response probably would have been no as I would have thought everyone was the same as me in the way that they thought and the way that they saw the world. I even would probably have thought that extended to the ‘imaginary friends’ I had and perhaps even to the supernatural old man who was a regular visitor to my bedroom
." - extract taken from Feet In Both Worlds written by Matthew James