Search A Light In The Darkness

Tuesday 4 March 2008

Shannon Cops Turn Attention To Friends

Exactly two weeks after the disappearance of schoolgirl Shannon Matthews, detectives are carrying out criminal checks on trusted family friends. (Sky News Tuesday 4th March 2008)

Senior police officers have told Sky News that they are particularly interested in anyone with a criminal past who is either a family member or a close associate. They are also examining the register of sex offenders in the area of West Yorkshire.

Shannon's mother Karen says she has her own theory regarding the possibility of her daughter's abduction. "I think it is somebody out there who knows Shannon or probably knows me as well," she said. "It makes me think I can't trust people who are close to me anymore."

The nine-year-old schoolgirl has not been seen since leaving school in Dewsbury on Tuesday February 19th. Police say they remain convinced that the clues to her disappearance will be found locally.