Search A Light In The Darkness

Monday 28 June 2010

Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer admits, 'Yes, I conned the referee'

Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has admitted he conned Uruguayan referee Jorge Larrionda into ruling out Frank Lampard’s ghost goal. The Schalke No 1 claimed the ball was around two metres over the line while German legend and former coach Jurgen Klinsmann branded the referee’s blunder a ‘disgrace’. Neuer said: ‘I tried not to react to the referee and just concentrate on what was happening. I realised it was over the line and I think the way I carried on so quickly fooled the referee into thinking it was not over.Then I saw it on the television in the doping control office and saw what actually happened. And, yes, it was over. It should have been a goal for England. Probably about two metres.’ (Daily Mail)