Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 15 March 2012

"Making A Difference"

Like a leaf from the tree on an autumn breeze
I am spiralling, spiralling down to the ground
to turn to dust and be one again with it all


I stand as a rock guarding the approach to the lake
Many torrents have washed me
many storms have brushed their fibres along me
But I remain unmoved


Up on high on the mountain side I bend my boughs in the wind
and feel the wintry fingers along me
I gaze down deep into the valley
from where I stand
and have seen many civilisations come back and forth
I have barely grown


and as a falling snow flake I never make it to earth
My body melted merging back into the cloud
feeling part of the whole remaining alive
until the day I become the river and I am led to the sea
where I will spend my time waiting
for my climb back into the sky


I write these thoughts down
in a hope other parts of me will read my Grimoire
and understand what it is I say
For the future is behind my eyes
for all that come and all that have gone
I can make the difference
but I am not unique or alone
We can all do it
We should reject the stranglehold the demons have on us and denounce their lies
to avert another time spent trapped in caves
underneath the earth
waiting for the flood waters to abate
so we can build our civilisation again under the imposed rulership of the demon lords ....
Matthew James 2001