Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 20 January 2016

'The Bearer of the Diary of the Cryme'


I sit in the half light plagued with regret

Memories like ghosts haunt me

I flinch as water drips from the ceiling close by

Its sound catching me off guard

as a cry promises to escape my silent lips

I mouth a silent word, "salvation",

I know now it will not come ...


I am chilled to the bone here,

I have perished, that I know

I am but a shade now, a ghost

An infection in the mind of the living

And my bones they will never find; lost are they under the earth,

My grave a flooded cavern within the earth ...


I am the keeper of a legacy

I am the key, my testaments a doorway to hell

For I am the author of the Diary Of The Cryme

Its physical manifestation lost

Drowned in the icy cold waters here

A swift transition I was denied for my passage came so long and so painful

Punishment for all my mortal crimes,


But .... how was I to blame?

I followed the society, I did as I was told

Ignorance a befitting crime for he of no name

My wisdom the key, the molten gold

But it was overlooked by all those selfish fools

Who lived their meaningless lives with all their wondrous tools

I warned them after the visions came, but they ignored me

They failed to believe it was the truth I could see ....


I reach out from beyond the grave and touch the minds of those who now listen

The cycle returns to the point again

Along tunnels you all will flee

The earth demands redemption

Many, many of you shall perish again

Listen, listen ..... it shall come to pass!!!!!!!!!



Written by Matthew James Wednesday, 11 December 2002