Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 1 December 2017

Image of the Month

THE COVE, AVEBURY, WILTSHIRE
"Avebury has always been one of my favourite places to visit. Ever since I first visited the quaint Wiltshire village surrounded by its stone circles, and earthworks, as a young child, I've always been fascinated by the place. It's history has been shrouded in mystery; a mystery I know has been fraught with rather 'darker' happenings - which are evident in the energies around the place. Putting that darkness aside, it is still a magnificent place to visit. They say where there is darkness there is always light .... none more so than Avebury. It is possible to find very powerful wavelengths of whiteness amid the torrid history!!

My favourite visit, took place about 30 years ago! I'd dropped off some friends at Heathrow Airport really early one morning, and had decided to visit Avebury on my way to Glastonbury. It had been first light, and a mysterious mist hung in the fields around the village. The stones took on a particularly enchanting aspect by looming in the morning mists. I'd videoed the visit at the time ... and playback of the video heralded an awesome spectacle" ... Matthew James