Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 5 April 2018

'Memory Lane' - An Australian Icon

LAUGHING KOOKABURRA
The main thing I miss the most about Australia is the proliferation of native bird life. They are everywhere as a myriad of colours and sounds. One of the most notable and memorable native birds is the legendary Laughing Kookaburra. You have to hear them 'laughing'. I was very fortunate on a number of occasions to capture video footage of mating pairs laughing ... something you never forget.

So for today's Memory Lane I give you an Australian Legend and Icon - The Laughing Kookaburra.

It's ironic that decades before I emigrated and then moved to Australia, I'd only ever heard of the Kookaburra in reference books and occasionally I would catch a glimpse in a film or in a documentary. I never thought I would ever see one in the wild. It was amazing to see them on a regular basis ... something I miss - Matthew James