Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 8 March 2023

Dear Spiritual Dairy - "After Death Experience"

 Dear Spiritual Diary it was a post today that inspired this entry.

A very profound experience back in 2010 when I became extremely ill and spent 12 weeks in hospital.

No details about the illness is relevant at this point in truth. It was prior to hospital submission, when I had arrived in a medical centre.

The incredible pain which coursed through my body had become unbearable. I had collapsed on settee in the waiting room, and was in a very bad way. I don't remember much except I was screaming the place down.

I was looking up at the ceiling tiles between me and the entry door. I saw a small area of light. At first I thought it was sunlight, or the ceiling light. But it was not. 

I remember seeing a narrow beam of light appear and then move slowly towards me like a laser beam. It caught my attention. It grew in size and was centred directly above me, then I was in the beam of light.

My eyes closed and I was no longer aware of the medical centre or my incredible pain. In fact I had no pain at all. I was feeling incredible peace and bliss.

I was in a bright landscape. It wasn't a field or a road just a flat surface. I noticed there were fields on one side and the sun was shining. My earthly awareness had gone. I was somewhere else completely. In no pain and happy to be where I was.

Suddenly, from close by I heard my wife's voice and I was pulled straight back into my pain wracked body. The pain was unbelievable. 

To this day I believe I had momentarily died and experienced what lay beyond 'death'. It merely confirmed what I had known as a child. 

Note To Self: That book needs doing!