Search A Light In The Darkness

Monday 15 April 2024

Epiphany: It Would Have Made No Difference

 Every so often Life may pull back the curtain and reveal a layer of truth that brings an unexpected dose of peace.

When I was in my 20’s I had an incredible job – I was a trip director for a large travel agency that sent groups of professionals to a tropical paradise for continuing education.

I “worked” in luxury hotels in Mexico, Hawaii and around the Caribbean telling tourists what time the glass bottom boat left and making sure they knew where to shop and golf.  As cool as the job was, because all my expenses were paid, I still managed to complain about the guests.

That was until my father, who was treasurer of the travel agency (who would have guessed), set me straight, “you will never live like this again,” he urged me, “Enjoy every minute.”

Of course, at that time, in the 70’s, every male’s fantasy was Playboy and Penthouse, and I spent my off hours trying to live the Playboy “philosophy”.

In some of the resorts, there would always be single women and that was where my attention generally went.  I often worked at a desk overlooking the lobby, so I saw who was coming and going....<<<Read More>>>...