Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 14 January 2015

The Nature of Druidry

Questing, searching, our humanity reaches out to understand, to know, to find answers, to find our place within the world. Some find this within the secular world, others through spiritual practice. Often neither is done consciously but seems to creep upon us, and we find a sense of ‘coming home’ or awareness or dare I say spiritual enlightenment.

Druidry allows me to quite simply live, breath, understand a little and find a place where I can express my spirituality in this world; forming, shaping and reaching out to Nature as my soul develops its sacred connections, finding inspiration.

While Druidry is certainly not a therapy, Druidry helped me to understand the mind shattering experience of life’s rough, raw tides, of the true vulnerability and power of our insanity. When the trees, birds, stones and bones of our ancestors spoke to me without words, I began to value my insanity in what can be sometimes a rather insane world. The healing came when I knew how to find a way to walk in the perceived sanity of everyday reality, yet still nourished by the insanity of the so called non-ordinary reality. (Rob Wilson)