Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 1 January 2022

Image of the Month - 'Castlerigg Stone Circle'

 Castlerigg has always been a special place for me. I'd been venturing to the weathered stone circle since I was about 14. It's a place of wild beauty surrounded by the Lakeland hills. My favourite lake District peak, Blencathra. can be seen in the background of many of my Castlerigg images. The chosen image, however, does not show Blencathra. It lies to the right of the image. 

Castlerigg is uniquely placed in a valley that cannot be seen by any of the surrounding peaks. It is a mysterious place. One I understand to be an ancient meeting place; a place of healing and aetheric energy. The mystics of that time will have possessed long forgotten technology that could tap into the energy point created by the circle of stones.