Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 14 June 2007

The Gulf War

I am sure we all remember the Gulf war of 1991?

For me, it was most memorable. I had grabbed a newspaper 'The Sun' and started to read the days events of the war. As I reached a certain story about 2 British pilots being shot down, missing presumed dead.....I almost choked on my tea...when loud and clear a womans voice said to me "They are talking about him as if he is dead...well he isn't dead!".....I even got a vision of this woman her link was so strong! I put her as a grandmother figure to the person.

I knew which of the 2 pilots she was talking about, but didn't know why. It turned out that the one I thought it was lived about 6 miles away from me in the Uk, although I did not know of him personally.

Still shocked by this spirit lady's statement....I tried hard to carry on reading. But I knew I had to tell someone about this! In fact I told just about anyone that would listen! Some people did not even know who I was talking about as they hadn't followed the Gulf war story! But I made sure they soon learned about these 2 pilots!

I kept watching the news, I saw the missing pilots partner on TV, they had been engaged and had been due to marry! I was screaming at the TV...."He isnt dead......he will be back and you will marry".......I repeatedly told everyone who knew me that he was alive.....I so wanted to find where his family lived, knock on their door and say "Hey, your son/partner is alive".....
But I had this niggling doubt.

What if I was wrong???? How bad would I feel???

Pretty bad.

So I chose not to track the family down, but still told my friends and family that I knew he was alive because this lady in spirit had told me so.....and in no uncertain terms too!

Weeks went by. The pilot was found. He had been captured after being shot down...alive.....but the co- pilot.....no sign.

5 weeks went by...all my friends were convinced I had it wrong...but I still knew differently.

Around 6 weeks after being shot down....he was found. He had been captured by the Iraq troups but they had refused to acknowledge they had him!

He was alive, injured but alive.

He was later released, went home and went on to marry his partner.

Hopefully they are now living happily ever after.