Search A Light In The Darkness

Saturday 9 June 2007

Italy 1994

A trip to remember.

Decided to take the camper van to Italy, Tuscany Valley back in 1994.
Kids were quite young then, but enjoyed the drive, stopping off along the way.
Drove from North West, Uk all the way to Italy via Holland as we often went to Holland.

Planned a week in Tuscany, rented an old 16th century farmhouse that had been totally renovated. It was in the middle of nowhere! But gorgeous.

But we enjoyed the peaceful week, temperatures reached 44 degrees up!
Spent most of the day in the pool, kids under the shade, cooling off in the water.
I had repeatedly told the kids not to run round the pool in case they slipped....not that they did, I just had this habit of repeating myself!

I was walking back to the house and decided to jump over the step area of the pool...it had lots of wasps around the top step, so decided instead of getting my feet stung, I would jump!

Oh dear....wrong decision.

I had forgot I was not the high school kid anymore practicing long jump!
I missed the other side, one leg in and one leg out...I hit my head on the gound with a sickening thud! I was almost knocked out.

Within minutes I had a huge bump appear at the side of my eye.....next day I was black and blue on my face, and my right leg was a mess!

My ex looked horrified at the sight of me the next morning....I couldn't even get my sunglasses on as the lump at the side of my face was too large!
He thought about hiring a Nuns outfit for me so I could disguise the damage!
Somehow I dont think I would pass as a Nun though!

Yes it was a trip to remember in more ways than one!!