Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 31 May 2007

The Longest Link

People often ask, " Does communicating with spirit not drain you?" All I can say is "Not at the time!"

My longest link with one person in spirit was way back in 2002 before we left Uk for NZ. Our local Doctor's receptionist Sue* asked me to book a reading with Matt for her and her Mum and 2 other friends. She had readings before with Matt but she really wanted more and in particular to hear from her father.

Now Matt's readings can go on quite some time, so with 4 people booked in for the one night, I knew we were all in for a long night, a very long night! I asked Sue* to bring something with her that had belonged to her father and I would try (not promise) to do some psychometry and hopefully get a link. That night, armed with a huge bottle of wine (that 'opens' me up by the way!) we sat down in our lounge, Matts first reading of the night went into another room and I began to try to link with Sue's* father.

She handed me a pipe. As it touched the palm of my hand immediately I heard a stern man's voice say to me "What are you doing with that pipe? Give it back to her right now, no-one is allowed to touch that pipe!" I was a bit taken aback, not only was the link there immediately, but he was telling me off in no uncertain terms! I passed the pipe back to Sue* repeating what her father had told me. She laughed.

As I handed it back to her her father said "Tell her to put it back in the tray where it belongs and never touch it again!" I again repeated this to her. Luckily Sue* knew her father would be not too pleased about his pipe being touched so she brought along a silver necklace. He was fine with me holding this and the link and communication flowed...and flowed...and flowed....4 hours in fact! It is one link I will never forget.

He went on to tell me about Jan*, his ex wife (not Sue*s mum who was sitting there listening to all of this) He went on to say that she was 'mutton dressed as lamb'...wore short skirts, had just changed her hair colour from blonde to red, and that she was 49 years old! She had diddled 3 people out of money, moved house, sold a car with a dud engine etc...He said that the family had been right all along about her and he was wrong! He went on to tell me about Sue's* brother David*, he had been asking his neighbour Ray* to install a gas fire for him! Sue's* father was telling me to tell David* that he cannot allow this Ray* to install a gas fire as he did not know what he was doing and they had to look at an example of his gate to prove it!!

Well at this point Sue* and her mum was falling about laughing! I had no idea of course what was so amusing. I didn't know enough about Sue* to know she had a brother.

She later told me that she did have a brother called David*, he lived next door to Ray*, he was asking Ray* to install a gas fire for him and that Ray* had made a new front garden gate but it didn't close properly as it wasn't square!

Sue*s dad continued all night like this giving me information that only the family could possibly know. He even described his first house when he got married and the new windows and doors he installed himself, he told me it was the fourth terraced from the end with no front garden!
Sue*s mum confirmed this had been their first home when they married!

He brought her grandparents through, so clearly I could give a description of what they looked like and the songs they sang (Danny Boy). Again Sue* confirmed both her father and grandfather used to sing this song both believing one was better than the other! Her grandfather removed his false teeth at one point to me and showed me them! Yuk! Again Sue* confirmed this was her grandfathers funny joke and he used to chase her around the house with them as a kid!

Spirit come through with the most amusing things at times, I learned never to question it, but just go along with it! Anyway after four long but entertaining hours, her father started to drift away, but not before placing a box of chocolates on my knee as a 'Thank You'. I told Sue* what he had just done and again she started to laugh!

I asked what was so funny about receiving chocolates!
"Oh" she said, " It was a family joke about my Dad, whenever there was an occasion, be it a wedding, christening, birth, death even...my father always bought chocolates, he just never knew what to buy so for every occasion we all got chocolates!"

Iwas so glad that Sue*s father came through that night and with as much family information as possible. It made her day.

One last thing before he went he told her that he was glad she had chosen the white top to wear that night because at 3pm that day, she had pulled a red top out to wear and he finally revealed through me that he never did like her in red! Something Sue* always suspected but in life he would never tell her!

Was I drained after that...No, not at all. But the next day, I surely was!!

*Real names have been changed to protect identity