Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 16 September 2011

Gripe of the Day - "Jealousy"



The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.
 ~William Penn, Some Fruits of Solitude, 1693
 I've not cast out a Gripe Of The Day for a while ... but with the repetition of a theme, which began initially a couple of years ago, now getting more and more tiresome in recent weeks ... I've decided to pre-empt my September Monthly Review with these words. I'm also in the middle of compiling several articles for workshops and various other outlets, so I have my writing head on ...

When someone is that jealous of you ... that they effectively spend most of their time obsessively stalking your every move, it is not a good situation to be in. When someone is so obviously envious/jealous of your efforts ... that they effectively follow your path and stifle your progress ... by pinching your shoes from under your feet ... it becomes ridiculously annoying. I am annoyed ... and I'm not afraid to voice those thoughts. I know that all emotions create illness if they are kept inside. Therefore I choose to neutralise these emotions through this outlet as I don't want the actions of another making me ill!! The intensity of this jealousy is awful. Its almost like this person eats, breathes and sleeps it ... and it is therefore taking its toll on this individual. I've studied enough Psychology in the last few decades to know what this is all about.

Everything sent in my direction ... is representative of a mirror. What is being implied about me is representative of what this individual is really saying about themselves. Their entire image is that of the egotistically immature individual that they know deep insides that they are ... I experienced this once before back in the UK when another individual copied everything I did ... down to buying the same car as me; listening to the same music as me; wearing the same clothes as me; going to the same development circle as me ......!!! Madness yes ... indeed, it's here again. Having followed me along my path they continue to hound and harass. They impose their view on everyone ... and try to blind the world to their true identity. Trying to hide what they really are inside (And believe me there are real skeletons there) ... and try to be something they are not!

One of the first BIG lessons on a spiritual path ... is how to deal with the ego. How to remain who you are and not be changed by the successes or failures you encounter on the path. With this current situation 'the ego has landed' in a really big way ... but surely the individual is not oblivious to their actions or their image? The outward projection of this egoism is there for all to see ... and I know of many clients and friends who refuse to have anything to do with this individual because their energy is wrong. There is a Cabalistic phrase that is so relevant here ... 'Yesod, the land of illusion - nobody can tell you anything; you will not listen to sense for twelve months & a day - you are lost in your own self importance and will not accept that your ego is in possession of you' ... everyone can see it apart from the person themselves ...

There is so much more I can say ... and probably will ... but my anger is now subsiding. I am happy in my own image ... on my own path ... with wonderful clients from far and wide who return again & again for readings and recommend me to their friends and family ... I have some very special friends ... I provide total validation of mediumship each and every reading I do ...! If this is my own ego talking, then it is a change ... because friends will tell you I am not one to blow my own trumpet. I know I have a good reputation as a clairvoyant & medium in the UK, New Zealand and here in Australia. I always have ... so there is nothing false or lacking in quality about me. I elected to walk away from a 'TV' program of my own choice ... YET, the jealous portray things totally differently ... I know their reputation is somewhat 'dubious' but do not broadcast this fact to anyone. Each to their own ... let folk find out when they are fooled into going to this person for a consultation. Yet ... according to their ego personality ... it is I who is dubious and unskilled; and it is this individual who has the popularity and accuracy I am honoured to have. And, this your honour, is the crux of the jealousy towards me .... this individual craves what I have ... really wants it ... and if they can't then they will not stop until ... until what? I can just walk away with my head held high ... I am who I am; nothing more and nothing less. Perhaps I will ... he wants the 'crown' he so craves ... he can have it ... but be it on his own head if he gets it. I've gone through serious hell and back since I was FIVE to carry this responsibility. I've paid all the dues ... carried all the burdens ... and respect the responsibility implicitly. IF TRUE ability ever lands on his shoulders ... his ego will disappear in an instance and he will be the first to scream for help. Ever wonder why I've taken over twenty years to consider myself ready to call myself a teacher - sorry a facilitator? Ever wonder what my story is ... without making assumptions? It's not an easy path you wish to walk my friend. The tag 'medium' is not one I wear lightly ... one has to provide 100% validation that those you claim are there ... are there. I do this on a regular basis. You want to have these gowns & burdens ... go ahead ... I doubt you'll manage it with your four or five years of experience .... MJ 16th September 2011.