Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 8 June 2007

Let's talk Celebrities

I'll start with someone who I have met in real life and some who are going on my 'wish list' of people I would most like to meet.

TOM CRUISE

Was in Hollywood in 2001 on our way to NZ. We had a stopover in LA for 3 nights. On our last night there before flying on to NZ, we drove into Hollywood.
As soon as we saw the red carpets being laid, the TV crew..we knew someone big was coming!
It turned out to be the Vanilla Sky premier!
We waited around 3-4 hours for Tom Cruise to arrive with Penelope Cruz, but saw many other high profile film stars whilst we waited.
Then Tom arrived.......I watched as he made his way towards where we stood....he stopped..looked up at us...smiled, waved at the youngest son....and what did I do??
Wave my hand and muttered "Hi".......then nothing!!
Sorry Tom, I had the wobbles that day!!
But I like this guy, my heart throb of the movie world......definately on my wish list to meet again!


POSH & BECKS

Now I haven't met either of these two, but I feel sorry for them both. The amount of abuse they get from the press drives me mad!
I feel these two are soul mates. They have their share of ups and downs....but at the end of the day, these two are meant for each other.
Both enjoy fame and fortune, no doubt about it, David's real passion is football though and if you took the money away from him, he would still want to play football!
I was sorry to see him leave Man. Utd and hope one day he will return...but looks unlikely.
Definately on my wish list of people to meet.


CRISTIANO RONALDO

Wow, what can I say?? This guy has it all!!
Talent, looks, fame, fortune......but most of all a generous big heart!
He could have easily been a male model!
His skills on the pitch leave me speechless.
Most of all I love this guy for his warm heart and generosity. Maturity well beyond his years.
Has money and not afraid to put it to good causes! An old soul for sure.
Definately on my wish list of people to meet!!



JAMIE OLIVER

Now I love this guy!!
His talents in the kitchen are just superb. His recipes mouthwatering. We follow many of his recipes, the Indian Curry is just divine! Thank you Jamie!
Totally unaffected by his fame....the type of guy you could approach in the street and start chatting (without the wobbles).....
His efforts in school lunches, caring guy. Just love him.
Again definately someone on my wish list!


J-LO

She gets quite a bit of bad publicity from the press. Wrongly at times I feel.
Whenever I have seen her on TV chat shows or whatever, she comes across as very down to earth and has a caring side to her. Just wished she would open up her caring side a bit more though.
I like her....and yes, I would like to meet her too!


TERRI IRWIN


The wife of the late Steve Irwin. Most admired by me. Her desire to continue where Steve left off after his very tragic death last September.
Steve's untimely death sort of forced my eldest son in a new direction. From age of 8 he always wanted to be a chef, but strangely enough, early last year he decided he was going to do animal psychology as a 2nd degree......then after the news came about Steve's death, my son changed his course, dropped the chef's course and started on the animal psychology.
Like me, he admired the work Steve did and wants to follow in his footsteps.
I wish Terri and her children all the best for the future and they are definately on my wish list of people I would like to meet.



DEL PIERO

Another footballer, Italian....excellent player.....enjoy watching the Italian matches just to watch the old timers! Admire the way he has kept going...

One the kids would like to meet!


Thats it for now...will think of some others later.