Search A Light In The Darkness

Monday 5 July 2010

Journey To The Canal Of The Silent Barges

As The Traveller I ventured through the mines and catacombs of the lower realms. Dark and inhospitable passageways filled with corbyantic screams and sudden flashes of the phantoms that lurked in these places. I was safe here. I felt safe here. Unthreatened by any of the crawling and screaming humanoid forms that crawled around me as I ventured further, deeper, into the lower realms.

Presently, the scenery began to shift and change. I now ventured along corridors of an asylum. There were endless rooms on either side. Rooms containing screaming, shouting, arguing souls ... families locked in their disagreements. Killers confronted by their victims. Rapists reasoning with those they raped. The corridor was endless ... the suffering witnessed in every cell. It saddened me to see humanity reduced to this turmoil. Souls trapped in a cyclic continuum.

Then I wandered into the halls of incarnation. Souls determined to return back to earth to resolve their differences. To overcome the apparent mistakes seemingly made ... I ventured on, disinterested by that cycle. Turning to my companion I asked how would it all end. My companion remarked it would never end if it was left to them ... for the souls are too trapped in the cycle to realise. But, my companion concluded, the end would come by turning the machine off. I was taken aback by the bold simplicity of the statement. I was intrigued and asked how would it happen and what would be the effect. My companion said all the suffering would cease and all the souls would return to where they were before the need for constant reincarnation occurred.

Then presently a ghoul stood before me ... and challenged me. Fearlessly I remained unaffected by its presence ... and I raised a golden light which absorbed its force. Ahead of me now ... I beheld canals with silent barges bedecked in egyptian regalia and shining gold. I took note of the sleeping souls. Lost souls of the dead. My companion demanded then I remembered where I was ... and it was then I realised. I watched as the dead rise from the barges back into eternal life. I witnessed and remembered it all ....

Written by Matthew James 5 July 2010