Search A Light In The Darkness

Thursday 1 July 2010

A Traveller

I smile and wander surefooted the root strewn trail
I wander up and down and round and along until finally I leave that dark wood behind
grateful for no sight of the demons there
who prowl in the dark places and live in the holes in the ground
I have heard it said their’s is the kingdom below my feet
I know there is a land there
for once I entered in years past the cavern close to home
and took a direction I had not been shown
I wandered down and down
and presently came to some unnatural steps and markings on the floor
I left before I was discovered for I knew eyes were seeking me

Across a flat waste land I now float
I have shed the human form
adopting the boundless energy of the form of the sidhe
I am a blue pin prick of light
and I then travel half way across this globe
my passage a blur
not paying detail to the human world there
all the violence and the killing
and the rule by self proclaimed gods
that is not my interest on this world...


Extract taken from "Elven Adventure Then The Prison" written by Matthew James July 2003