I want to make an exact argument here that I think is fundamental.
There
is a relation between: “Climate change,” “Net Zero,” Green,
Environmental politics, and
Immigration, Colonisation, Decolonisation, Cultural Problems.
The
death of Rod Liddle algorithmed me back to the Ray Honeyford story and
it was musing on that disgraceful episode that made me think about this.
For there is a relation between these two. There is a relation between
the issue of global warming / climate crisis / extreme weather events
and the issue of race and immigration that we have associated for almost
60 years with the name of Enoch Powell. Both of these issues are
discussed at maximum volume now.
For both Left and Right there is an existential crisis.
For the Left it is about the Planet.
For the Right it is about the State.
First on the state.
I
have said it before and I’ll say it again. Until we have some grand
theory of global order and an international treaty, or a subsumption of
states into a World State or, more likely, a subsumption of them into
Schmitt’s Grossraüme or Orwell’s Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia (China,
Russia, America): until any of that happens, then we will have states.
And, as Machiavelli put it in the Prince, the major interest and
activity and necessity of the prince (i.e., any government) is mantenere
lo stato – to maintain the state....<<<Read More>>>..
