Search A Light In The Darkness

Friday 11 January 2008

An Anomaly?

Whilst star gazing tonight ... I noticed a 'golden star' low on the horizon in the north east .... it was unmistakable as I'd not actually seen it there before in recent weeks. Thinking then of the Yank who'd taken photographs of stars in the night sky ... and being surprised by his results .... I quickly went inside for our Fujifilm Digital camera which only has a 10X digital zoom on it.

I was not expecting very much when I located the star in the viewfinder and zoomed in .... suddenly, there before my eyes was a large orb like object .... surely not the star I'd just seen with the naked eye? The size of the orb seemingly belays the distance of the star if that is the case ..... unless of course it is merely a light source which is being picked up by the camera ... its magnification unable to determine the source of the light ....

It is an anomaly to say the least. See for yourself ....