Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 27 May 2009

'Jade sent me a message from heaven. Then the clouds parted and I saw her face,' says tragic star's mum Jackiey

It's been just over two months since Jade Goody died in the early hours of Mothering Sunday, and since then her mother Jackiey Budden says she's been desperately calling out to her daughter for a sign that she is at peace.Then last Wednesday, while Jackiey was at her holiday apartment in the Canary Isles where she's been recuperating for a month, she says it happened.

'I was laying on a sunbed outside my apartment and talking out loud, saying 'Jade, you told me to call you and I am but you don't answer', she said.

'And just then the clouds started moving and from the side of one of them I saw two faces looking down on me. It was Jade - totally clearly. She was beaming down and her hand was up as if she was waving. Her head was still bald but she looked so happy.

'At first I didn't recognise the man next to her but slowly I realised it was [her brother] Budgie who died when Jade was five. I broke down crying properly for the first time in ages.'

Jackiey, who has spent many nights alone clutching the hospital gown Jade wore when she died, which she now keeps in her pillow, says she also received another message from the Big Brother star shortly before leaving the UK.

'I was coming home one evening and noticed my bathroom window was steamed up even though I'd been out,' she told the Daily Mirror.

'Then I saw in the steam was written 'Light a candle for me Mum'. Now I have a candle by my front door lit every night so Jade knows I'm always thinking of her.' (Daily Mail)