Search A Light In The Darkness

Wednesday 9 November 2016

This UFO spotted over Whitby coastline left photographer 'freaked out'

What do you think it is? Theories have ranged from the moon peeping out from behind the clouds through to a meteor.

But whatever the object over the Whitby coast is identified as, the photographer - who took the snap at around 7.30pm on Monday night - admits to being 'freaked out' by the experience.

Photographer Andrew Beattie, originally from Yarm, had taken a stroll to the beach in an attempt the capture the aurora.

He said: "I had a walk down to the sea wall near the beach huts to see if I could catch a glimpse of the aurora. I set up my tripod and camera and it was pointing out to sea. I saw a strange red glow above the light house, around 100 to 150ft above it. It then disappeared for a second, so I pointed my camera that way. Then a yellow light appeared for a few seconds with no noise and moved to the side before glowing red and completely vanishing from sight. The clouds behind it glowed red just before it disappeared too. Very strange." ... read more>>>...