Search A Light In The Darkness

Monday 29 October 2018

How to silence your inner critic: Practical ways to stop negative self-talk

S.O.T.T: Have you ever heard an inner voice telling you disempowering things, like "I don't think I can make it," "What if I fail?", "I'm not that smart," "I'll never have that," "This is too hard," "This is too big for me," "It's impossible," or "It's too good to be true" ?

If this rings a bell for you, know that this was the voice of your Inner Critic.

What is Your Inner Critic? It is that voice in your mind that often speaks to you when you want to take risks and step outside of your comfort zone. It is a voice of fear.

Its purpose is to keep you in the safe zone and protect you from any possible emotional injuries like judgment, rejection, blame or shame. It is an internal resistance to change and the unknown, and the main reason for you playing small and not daring to go for your dreams.

Your inner critic does an excellent job at keeping you safe; however, it might have an adverse impact on your life by possibly making you....read more>>>...